Pages

Books We Are Reading In Class

Monday, April 1, 2013

Using TodaysMeet During Literacy

This past week, we had the Early Years Teachers, Our Vice Principal, and Mrs. Wakeman in to see how we incorporate our ipads and technology into our classroom.  We showed our guests how we use a website called TodaysMeet.  This website encourages the room to use a live stream to make comments and ask questions.  Students used a QR code I created to quickly scan it using their iPads where it took them to the site Todays Meet.  We have been working on making meaningful connections the past few days in class so I asked the students to make text to self connections while I read the story Koala Lou.  


Our guests were amazed at the engagement of this lesson.  My students typed feverishly while I read Koala Lou.  I stopped periodically through the story to make my own connections and to give my students time to add their connections.  You could hear a pin drop in my room during this activity.  When we concluded the activity, I told them we would come back to their connections the following day to figure out which kinds of connections help us the most.  My students couldn't wait to follow up the next day.

Have you used TodaysMeet?  We would love to hear about it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment